Friday, March 25, 2016

My 1st Date...

We took the children to the park today. And as always, we played soccer! The other volunteers weren't too into it but I know the children LOVE playing, especially Martin, so I did my best to make it fun for them all. I did end up beaming Cosme in the arm with the ball but that's minor compared to my other soccer playing injuries! Manuel has been by far the best hit. Oh! And Mateo at HML when Klever blocked my kick into the goal and the ball took out Mateo. We all laughed about it so I don't feel too bad!

After the park, we had an Easter egg hunt at the orphanage. Since there is no such thing as plastic eggs here, Katie made paper mache eggs for each child. They were filled with little candy treats. All the children loved looking for their egg and then smashing it.

Martin was talking about getting pizza so I told him to ask Laura if we could go. It was a holiday (Good Friday) but Laura came into to help. He asked Laura and she said yes. We were all very excited! I finally got to go on a date... with Martin! The volunteers (Amy, Angie, and Sam) came with us. We loaded Martin in the front seat of the taxi and us 4 girls squished in the back seat. Martin, Amy, and I shared a BBQ pizza and garlic knots. Martin of course got a Coke! We went to Fabiano's where it is expat central! They had a bunch of 80's music videos playing on the televisions. It was great! I was singing just about every song and Martin was glued to the tv. I told him this is the best way to learn about American culture! Bon Jovi came on a couple times. Martin likes him more with long hair! "Thank You For Loving Me" came on and I told Martin I was going to sing this to him when it was my time to go back to the States. He just laughed! Martin had a great time out with the girls and I had a great time with Martin. I sure do love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment