Saturday, March 26, 2016

Just Me & My Kiddos...

I woke up early enough to help out downstairs. Katie made her way down as well so I hung out in Milagros helping them. Martin wanted to do something fun today so I told him I would come down in the afternoon and we would do something fun. Katie and the volunteers were going to HPT so I stayed back to hang out with my kiddos. Katie is leaving in May so this was an opportunity for the children to make a goodbye card and gift for her. It was cold so we decided to hang out in the Girasol for the afternoon. There was Martin, Christian, Nancy, Laura, and Bryan. I took my phone down and we listened to Enrique Iglesias. Nancy loved playing with my phone and changing the song every second! Martin and I were annoyed! Martin, Nancy, and Laura made bracelets and goodbye cards for Katie. I made Easter cards for our volunteers. I put together Easter baskets that had little treats, chocolate milk, soda, and a notebook in them. I thought it would be a nice gesture to remind them of home, which it did! It was such a nice afternoon hanging out with some of my kids, alone. We chatted and laughed until it hurt. I love these kids and the moments we share. Laura was going off talking to herself, Bryan and I lost it! I love it when Bryan is happy and is able to smile and laugh. It was such a good day! This is what makes it worth it for me to stay... these precious moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment