Sunday, January 17, 2016

Conversation over McDonald's...

Yesterday we went to Remar. It was the first time I had gone to Remar. It is an orphanage for boys, girls, and adolescents. They have children of all ages there. We made dream catchers which only Ana Lucia, Viviana, and Johanna got into. Daniella and another little girl made bracelets and all the boys tied their beads into their hair making it a Jedi braid. It was so funny! The boys really got into jump rope and before we left we got into hand shake riddles. Juan Carlos was determined to get the one I taught him and did right before I left. Juan Carlos reminds me of Juan David in HPT. They’re identical but Juan Carlos is probably a couple years older. Remar is this cute house up in the hills in Azogues, which houses 20-30 children. Remar doesn’t turn any child away so they could have up to 40 children at one time. The children were great; it was fun playing with teenagers!



I was craving McDonald’s so the girls (Tasha, Amy, Kate, and Sara) and I went! It reminded me of America! The burger and fries were exactly the same, the Coke is served with no ice, and the McFlurry was a lot better here! It was delicious! We ended up staying at McDonalds for another 2 hours talking. Although these girls are 18 years old, they are very mature and we had a great conversation. I was able to share my story; how I got to where I am now and how I made my dream come true. The girls seemed very interested in what I was sharing, which was weird. I do not consider myself a very inspirational person yet do I feel I’ve done anything in my life to make me inspirational. But, the girls claimed my story to be inspirational, even brought Amy to tears. My story is my story and I would hope I could bring light to someone’s life. Share that dreams can come true if you listen to your heart, your spirit, and follow the path you are meant to live. Stop listening to the wants of society, religion, family, and friends. Listen to the promptings of your heart and although you may not know why, it will lead you to where you need to be! That’s my story, plain and simple. I hope I can be an example to those around me and bring some sort of happiness to their life.

Be Happy. Be You. Do Something You Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment