Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Jambeli Beach...

Went to Jambeli Beach and it is a dump! Compared to the Galapagos, any beach will be a dump. The water is a brown and black color with a bunch of garbage in it. It’s overcast with some wind. It's more of a dog beach than anything. Not my ideal beach day!

 
 
 

 
 

  
 
 
At least I got some cool pictures of buildings after a recent flooding...

I was offered to stay in Cuenca as a Volunteer Director for OSSO. Hence, why I am not back home in the States. I’m excited for the opportunity to stay with the kiddos longer and take on the position as a director. I’m hoping to have some good ideas and try to make my imprint with OSSO and the orphanage. Other than taking on that role, things are good. It’s lonely sometimes. I wish I had friends to talk to and hang out with, people my same age. That is probably the hardest part, just not having any of my friends with me. Stephanie is coming to visit me in February for my birthday so that’s exciting. It will be good to have my sister with me and bring some reality. Happy 30th to me!

All the children are healthy and happy. We started planning Christmas activities so that has been fun.

I’m loving life right now and am living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment