Monday, November 9, 2015

"I Am a Child of God"...

It’s been some time and although there’s much to catch up on, I must write about tonight. I didn’t go to HML tonight but instead went to FHE with Katie. Each week Katie puts on FHE for the children. This was my first time going. We all met in Milagros; Martin, Christian, Jorge, Roman, Bryan, Sinai, Laura, Nancy, Cristian, Dome, and Dayana. They read a story about Saul and sang a couple primary songs. Cristian said the opening prayer which was adorable and Christian said the closing prayer. Katie had played a Mormon Message video that sang, “I Am a Child of God”. I couldn’t hold back the tears. As I was holding Dayana and listening to Martin sing along, how true it is we are all a child of God. It’s hard to comprehend people’s situations but as I sat in a room filled with special needs children, my heart sank and I cried. We are all a child of God but without a doubt, I know these are some of God’s greatest children. It is through me and by me, to exemplify the love God has for his children, for these special children. My heart was filled as I watched Dome softly touch Sinai’s hair and cheek. Sinai had the biggest smile when she did that and when Cristian would stare at him. Sinai started laughing when Cristian was saying the prayer. Sinai must like him! It was adorable! After FHE, I took the children up to Casa A and peeked in to say goodnight to Cecilia. I told her buenos noches and she started crying. My heart sank. I hugged her tight and sang, “You are my Sunshine”. After a few rounds, she started singing with me! Although it was just sounds, it was beautiful! Tears filled my eyes and it was hard to get through the short song. She was so beautiful! We held hands as she sang along with a smile on her face. I love that girl so much! She is a pure angel sent from above. The sweetest spirit. Her smile is pure joy and love. She was so sick when I first arrived so it is great to see her happy these days. My sweet Ceci girl, I love you dearly!


It was a beautiful, spiritual night. I am beyond blessed to be in the presence of these children. They have forever changed me. They are simply perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment