Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Exotic Amaru Zoo...

Thursday on our day off we went to the zoo. Such a crazy zoo! It was a hike through the wild with monkeys overhead. Although animals were caged in, it definitely was less that that! Chicken fencing and wiring. Some glass but not much. They had all sorts of animals. We missed the lions because they were eating. We did see the baby lion climbing the hill to get to his mom, which was cute! The zoo was fun though. Afterwards, Mekai and I went into town to finish up some shopping. We went to HML that night and played jump rope and “Es tegga tegga, tegga tegga cha cha”. I met Vilma and Nellie; they’re sisters to Monica and Klever. Klever and Mateo are the only boys because they have sisters in the orphanage.


 
* Cuchuchos *
* Lobos de Paramo *
* Puma *

  
* Aguilas Pechinegras *
 

* Condor Andino *


* Jabali de Collar *
* Osos Andinos *
* Llama *
Creepy part of the zoo... "blood" splattered everywhere


 

Crazy Tortugas!!
 

  
* Guacamayos *
 
 * Lion *

Yesterday for morning shift I was in Casa E. I did some therapies but was getting bored. We finally started playing baseball. Christian pitched while we helped hit the ball and play out field. I had a blast playing with them! The afternoon I was in Casa A and we played with shaving cream for my activity. Cristian was really getting into it. They liked it and wanted more! Afterwards we went to the park. So entertaining! I was in charge of my boy Martin B. Multiple times I had him on 2 wheels while running around. One time I let go to catch the ball before going into the street and he kept rolling the other direction, not stopping when hitting the grass. Katie had to run to stop him before hitting the curb. So funny! I had kicked the ball with my left foot and ended up hitting Christian in the head! Another time, I had kicked the ball towards the goal and ended up hitting the ball into Manuel’s legs. His knees buckled but stayed standing. He didn’t start crying until about 30 seconds after the fact. We hugged it out and he was good to go. Needless to say, I probably shouldn’t play soccer and stick to the swings and slide! I had everyone laughing, especially the tias! Great day at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment