Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Cards...

Tonight we made Christmas cards with the HML children. Little Alexander climbed upon my lap and only left to grab new markers. He was singing "Happy Birthday" and copying English words that I was saying. We even started singing "Feliz Navidad" at one point. Alexander is brothers with David who had come to me asking to spell Edilma and Mayra on his card. I wrote the girl's names on a separate paper and David copied the names. He then wanted "Amigos Siempre" written out so I wrote it on the piece of paper for him to copy. I watched as he gave the card to Mayra. She was smitten with joy. It is really special to watch the friendships these children have for another.

Maria wrote me a Christmas card. It was really sweet! She wrote inside the card--

"Te quiere amiga olel alma Cristina. y que dios te Bendiqe. y a tus amigos. y a tu familia. por la navidad que pases muy Bien. y te voy a extranar mucho. chao chao Besito. Bebe."
De: Maria
Para: Cristina

Last week Johanna gave her Christmas wreath she made for the activity to me. She's always giving me her crafts. It really is so sweet of them and I just love them as if they were all my little sisters and brothers! I pray for them. I pray for their safety. I pray they choose decisions to better themselves. I pray they never feel alone. I pray for independency. I pray for bravery. I pray for love. Man, do I pray for love.

These children deserve so much more. So much more. I love these children and am so proud of their courage and compassion for living in an orphanage and relying on each other to make it through. Please God, I beg of you, watch after these children and keep them close!

No comments:

Post a Comment