Saturday, November 12, 2016

Trolls...

Photo by DreamWorks Animation

I was able to take some the children to the movies today. I was very excited since I've been wanting to do this since I've been here. I was able to take Laura, Dayana, and Cristian. Nancy was planned to go but she got in trouble during the week so that ruined her chances of going and Cristian took her place. Carlee and Michelle also came to help with the children.

It was so fun! I loved it! Although the movie was in Spanish, the kids enjoyed it and that made me very happy. Laura loved eating her popcorn and dancing whenever music came on. Cristian would clap his hands and "EEK!" at certain parts in the movie. Dayana did pretty well considering this was her first movie! She got restless towards the end but she came and sat with me which was pretty special. I believe Laura and Cristian have been to the movies before but at 2.5 years old, Dayana saw her FIRST movie!

I will cherish carrying Laura in and out of taxis, and up to her seat in the middle of the theater. Watching her eat popcorn and drink Fiora from a straw. Dancing whenever a song came on. And having her attack me from the back seat on the taxi on our way home. This girl makes me a very happy "mawwmee!"

Cristian's genuine excitement and joy makes me happy. We got into the theater early and he was losing patience that the movie wasn't turning on. He ate a little popcorn before the movie but once the movie started, there was no distractions with this kid. He was fun to watch as he was so involved with the movie and what was happening. I am happy he enjoyed it!

I will always remember dancing to "Can't Stop The Feeling" by Justin Timberlake with Dayana. I don't recall what my first movie was but I will remember taking Dayana to her first movie. She is such a joy to have around. A little dramatic at times, but watching her grow this past year has been so fun to experience. Love my little Daya!

No comments:

Post a Comment