Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Wilson Goes For A Ride...

Amy has been sick since Friday so I’ve been trying to fill in where I can. Yesterday I went to Cunas. I wasn’t able to see the babies but played with Anderson, Ishmael, and Sebastian. Neythan and Wilson joined us a little later. I’m so proud of Wilson! He was feeding himself his soup at dinner. As of last week, he was being fed by another person. He now feeds himself which is amazing! Today, I went to Casas. Wilson was there so I stayed with him to help walk him around. He loved the slide! With little help, he would climb the ladder and go down all by himself. He would sometimes even go on his stomach! He had the biggest smile on his face going down the slide, and even climbing up the ladder! I’m so proud of Wilson!! He then wanted to go on the cars so I put him in one. Soon Patricio and Miguel joined him. They got out of the cars and started to push it. They were going fast but nothing that I felt Wilson would be in harm’s way. The next thing I know, Wilson throws his legs over the car and out he goes! He landed right on his face in the dirt and his nose was bleeding. I quickly picked him up and plugged his nose. The nun rushed us over to their medical clinic. Wilson only cried when he hit the dirt but stopped once I picked him up. The nun patted his face and made a nice looking nose cast out of toilet paper. And that was that. No cleaning off the dirt or blood from his face. The nun wanted him to go play but it was clear he was not in the playing mood. When the nun wasn’t looking I ran him over to the Cunas bathroom so I could bathe him. The tia, Sandra, helped me bathe him and clean him up. He looked so much better after his bath! He went into Cunas where he wanted to watch a Barbie princesa movie. Poor kid! I felt so bad for him but he’s tough! I love that boy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment