Saturday, January 23, 2016

Raton! Raton!...

I killed a rat today! We were at HPT (Hogar Para Todos) and as we were leaving one of the workers yelled, “Raton!” Patricia handed me a broom and told me to kill it. Patricia had a mop and I had a broom. She moved some stuff around and out came this little rat. I whacked it a few times and got it bleeding. Patricia killed it off for good. It was hilarious! Tasha was telling me to put it out of its misery, Sara was laughing and crying at the same time, and Kate was just disturbed. My first rat killing!!

Both Amanda and Juan David are no longer at the orphanage. They were my favorites. Amanda was the sweetest and would always give you a hug and tell you hello. She was blind but could see if she got really close. She was adorable! Juan David was such a cool kid who loved doing activities with the volunteers. They both will be missed!


This week at HML, the girls were on a modeling and dancing kick. We all had to model down the runway and then dance. Their dancing consisted of shaking your whole body and twerking? Haha! They would shout out each volunteers name to do it with them. It was my turn so I stood behind the 2 girls and well, shook what my mama gave me! As I finished and walked away to sit down, everyone was laughing. I turned around and there was a nun, right behind me! Whoops! One reason I couldn’t ever really be a nun…no dancing! The girls all laughed so it was totally worth it! 

One of the girls had made me a hand print fish they made last week. Sara came home and said one of the girls made it for “Kristina”. My heart melted. I’m not sure which girl made it for me which makes me sad but so heart felt and precious! I love that when I show up to HML all the children run up to yelling “Kristina”! Since I’ve been here longer than the usual volunteer 3 months, they know who I am and will coming running to see me. One girl even asked where I was last Thursday because I stayed behind and helped in Casa A. I love those HML kids! They make me smile every time I go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment