Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Casa Esperanza, my loves...


Jenn and Vanessa left today. Soy muy triste! They’re only 19 years old and have come to another country to serve for 6 weeks. I’m so proud of them. They taught me so much, it’s going to be hard not having them here. Good luck ladies! Keep living your dreams!

I am now a site leader for Casa Esperanza. I’m so stoked! I love those kiddos! There’s always something to do, all a routine, an assembly line. Majority of the children are non-responsive which I love. I can say and do whatever and they can’t tell me no! I’m a complete dork and love being goofy with them. One day there was Latin music playing which I love, so I danced with my kids! Blanca (who I call Beyonce) has a tambourine. I can only use it for a minute before she gets sick of it. Lucy just laughs. She loves music but she didn’t love dancing with me. Edison danced for a minute. He would rather be taken on walks instead of dancing. Martin on the other hand, he’s my dancing partner. He was great and loved every second of it. He would get the biggest smile on his face when I would spin him in circles. He loved it! I loved it! I’m excited to know my kids in Casa E better and the tias who work in there. Hopefully my Spanish picks up so we really can be friends and have fun! I was also given the Housing Committee. 

Ecuador is great. Work is long but great. My Spanish is slowly coming along. I love all the kiddos! How grateful I am for this experience and for being brave enough to listen to my heart and follow my passion. Always listen to YOUR spirit and go where YOUR heart leads you!  

Be Happy! Be You! Do Something You Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment