Friday, August 21, 2015

City Tour...

Today we did a city tour in Cuenca… New Cathedral in Parque Caldron

 

Banco Central Museum: Cultural Museum, Inca Ruins, Birds, and Llamas

 
 
   
 
  
  
  

Fruit Market: Just like Guatemala! Lots of smells and raw meat hanging on every corner!

Cemetery: A very fascinating cemetery! I loved it! OSSO currently has one child in this cemetery, Diana.

 
  
 
  

Galapagos Store: the owner Laura is a doll! She gives a 10% discount to OSSO volunteers

Lunch at Coppelia’s: I had Moros con Pollo and Manzana for lunch. (Rice and beans mixed with chicken and plantanos with cheese. Manzana is an apple flavored soda)

Chatos: Chatos is the greatest! I had chocolate covered bananas and brownies on a stick. Delicious!


City Bus Tour: The New Cathedral can fit 8,000 people in it! Went up to Turi to see all over Cuenca.

 
 
  
  
  
  
Artesian and Flower Market: The “Hidden Door”, the owner is Humberto. I got a lot of shopping done here! Alpaca sweater, blanket, beanie, and t-shirt. I love my alpaca sweater!!

 

Tutto Freddo’s: THE best coconut ice cream I ever had! It had real coconut flakes in it.

Hippie Market: A lot of jewelry is sold here by people who really do look like hippies! 

Today was a good day!

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment