Friday, March 11, 2016

Park Day...

Today I went to the park with some of the children. It's been raining a lot lately, must be the rainy season! So we took our chances and went to the park for a couple hours in the afternoon. There was Vanessa, Lucy, Martin B., Antony, Roman, Cosme, Cristian, Dayana, Dome, Manuel, and Bryancito. I was in charge of Lucy. I haven't been hanging out with the children as much so it was nice to be able to spend some time with them without all of the volunteers around. Lucy was being so funny! She's actually been in a really good mood lately. She was being a big tease but then would hold my hand and lay on my arm... until she wanted to bite it! Such a big tease!

The children got new wheelchairs this past week so I was trying to figure out the legs on Lucy's chair. I put them down so she could rest her legs on them. I turned to talk to Martin and then turned back at Lucy and her chair legs were up. I was so confused. I bent down to look at the lever to make sure it was working properly and then Lucy swung her leg up, making the chair leg go up. She smiled and laughed. I put the chair leg down and then up it went. It was a game to Lucy. Down I put it and up it went with her leg. A game and good therapy! She would just smile and laugh. She knew what she was doing. Lucy is so smart and always knows what is going on. I love this girl so much!

Martin wasn't feeling so good but Cosme has been so much fun recently. My guess is his medication got lowered so he's a little more with it now. He hasn't had seizures in awhile so my guess that medication got lowered. He's been so verbal this past week. Even though it's just a bunch of "hmm hmm hmm", he's always doing it. At the park he was smiling lots and even giggling to himself. It was adorable! This is the most responsive I've seen Cosme since I've been here. It's been great!

Although the park wasn't too exciting since we didn't play soccer or anything, it was still a great park day! I loved hanging out with Martin, Cosme, and Lucy. I just love these kids. They are my whole heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment