Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Symphony & German Coffee...


Katie and I went to a free symphony concert in Parque Caldron to get out of the house. It was based on German and French composers. It was great! There was one gentleman playing the cello who was really into it. It was hard not to watch him! The best part of the evening was the man who sat next to me. He was from Germany but lived in the U.S. and South America for years. His English was good but had a German accent. This man was older, like grandpa old! After each music number he would lean towards me and ask me if I liked it and then would give me little tidbits about each song. Afterwards, as we were leaving, he kept talking to me and asking me questions of what I was doing in Cuenca and how long I would be here for and so forth. I answered them quickly and told Katie to get going! Once we got outside he appeared, out of nowhere! This is how the night the ended with this gentleman...

Man: "Have you ever been to Turi and seen the lights of Cuenca at night?"
Me: "Yes, I have been to Turi to see Cuenca, but not at night."
Man: "Oh, well would you like to go? I can take you both in a taxi!"
Me: "We can't. We need to get home."
Man: "Well would you like to get some coffee? I know a great place that serves German coffee!"
Katie: "I don't drink coffee."
Man: "You don't have to drink coffee. You can get yourself some wine!"
Me: "Sorry, we won't be able to join you. Have a nice night!"

And we rush into the nearest taxi! Poor guy... we just had to get home to our volunteers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment