Monday, September 21, 2015

Let's Walk Home...

Mekai and I decided to walk home from Monay Shopping. Mekai is only 17 years old and although most conversations are reared towards those who are teenagers, we get along really well! We had great mother-daughter conversation and lots of laughs! We ran into this older couple from Canada who had retired in Cuenca and now volunteer at the zoo and a vet clinic. We talked to them for a good 30 minutes. Great conversation with the Inesons. I told the gentleman that I would love to retire in Ecuador when I'm older and he responded, "You don't have to be old and retired to live in Ecuador. We see a lot of young people who just picked up their lives and live here. Some work online but majority are just living here, making it work. You should do it!" Well okay! I wish the Inesons the best of luck while living in Ecuador!


 
 
 
Dream house in Cuenca

My neck of the woods just outside of Cuenca

 

I thought these Coke bottles were the coolest and I knew I had to get one for Stephanie's kitchen. The glass bottles here are actually recyclable so you have to drink the Coke while you are at the store so you can give the bottles back to the owners. They then recycle them and get money for the bottles. We had went to about 5 stores before finding one that we could buy to keep. Even with my broken Spanish, they knew I would pay double for the bottle... $2! It seemed like a great idea until we had to walk 1.5 hours home with them. It was a beast!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment