Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What de Heck...

Morning Shift – Casa Esperanza

Tias are Clara and Jenny. Some routine but we’re getting faster. One child after the next. It’s like an assembly line. I did an activity today which was making pizzas. After we helped the children make them, we taped them to their wheelchairs. They looked so cute! I taped big Bryan’s to his bib, Maria Jose’s to her pillow, Roman’s to his belt, and the rest on their wheelchairs. So fun! This morning Nancy was teaching me La Cucaracha. She would laugh every time I messed up. She always says, “Holy Cow! What de Heck! It’s so cute!” It’s so funny! She learned them all from volunteers! Laura and I were going back and forth making sounds to another. It’s so cute when she says, “WOW!” Laura is motherly. She likes to care for her baby and make sure everyone is okay. She wanted to take little Bryan for a walk yesterday. She held him as I pushed her wheelchair. It’s great to see her care for others. All the children in Casa E are great. I love all of them! It is fun to see their quirks now that I’ve been here a week.

Afternoon Shift – Casa Milagros

Nothing too exciting happened. I hung out with Sinai (his nickname is Sinacho) and then did lots of walks for everyone. Laura was being cute with big Bryan. She was whispering to him and he would smile his big smile. She was telling him I was loco but she says it “coco”. He would laugh and smile. They were buddies this afternoon. Martin Chavez wanted to make friendship bracelets but Mekai and I couldn’t make out what he was saying. He gets so frustrated when we don’t understand him. Finally, Cara came and figured out how to make it for him. Roman was stubborn eating his soup for dinner. You can’t even force feed the kid. He’s so stubborn and takes forever! Dinner for me was eggs and toast. I don’t even know what to make. They’re food is much different than back home so it’s hard to tell what the ingredients are. We cleaned house and then I talked to Steph and Zach. Tomorrow is day off, yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment