Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Here We Go Again...

I’m back at it! Headed to Ecuador for 10 weeks with an organization called OSSO. They are based out of Rexburg, Idaho and own a special needs orphanage in Cuenca, Ecuador. I found them through Debbie Clark, whom I went to Guatemala with. She had nothing but great things to say and said if I can afford it, I need to go. So here I am! To stay for 10 weeks it cost me $4000 plus an added 4 day trip to the Amazon at the end of my service. Airfare was about $1000. I’m proud of myself for paying the whole cost to go. Between help from my student loan, I worked in Park City sitting to help pay for it as well. I like that I can do fun things for myself and not have to rely on anyone. Good feelings! I am so stoked to get there and just fall in love with everything. The people, children, culture, language, food, etc. I love to travel with a purpose and do more than usual tourist stuff. Take the time to truly embrace my experience. Stephanie dripped me off in Las Vegas. What an adventure it has already been. My suitcases were 5lbs.over so I had to unload. Took clothes out of my suitcase and put shoes in my carry on. I took 4lbs out of construction paper in my donation suitcase. My carry on ended up weighing at least 35-40lbs! My 9:30am flight was delayed due to “maintenance”. We finally left at 11:00am. Once we landed in Atlanta, Georgia I had 20 minutes to get to Gate E from Gate A. And I had to take a tram to get there! I had to run to my gate! I get there and that flight was delayed due to “maintenance”. We finally got boarded an hour later just to sit at the gate due to weather. There was a sudden thunder and lightning storm so the planes couldn’t move. We sat there for about 2 hours before we took off. It was pretty bumpy getting up high enough, which was making me nervous, but things have been nice and smooth since. We fly into Quito and then fly to Cuenca early in the morning. Lots of flying but that’s okay. I’m so excited for this experience and to see what doors open up for me afterwards. Hopefully it’s something great! Here’s to something new, life-changing, rewarding, and refreshing to my soul! Viva la Ecuador!
 
Brooklin had made me a goodbye cake

 
Waiting to fly out from Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment